You are cordially invited to register and submit papers for the 5th Central European Congress on Obesity (CECON) in Budapest, Hungary.
Welcome message of the Congress Chair:
The growing epidemy of overweight and obesity cause significantly increased medical costs for healthcare systems worldwide and less quality of life for the individuals. Increasing incidence and increasing degree of excess weight at the same time require multidisciplinary approach and global strategies. Separate solutions have had no result so far.
The life-style, the physical, chemical, biological and socio-economic environmental factors are playing significant roles in the growing epidemy. There is no effective medication for obesity. Metabolic and bariatric surgery shows plenty of results, but not sufficient in fighting against of the increasing prevalence. The prevention of overweight and obesity is becoming more valuable in pre-obese conditions and especially in childhood. The trends of obesity immediately need steps for solutions. The time has come when a wide social collaboration is needed above and beyond healthcare systems.
The 5th Central European Congress on Obesity provides an excellent forum where in this spirit and with the full spectrum of obesitology we strive to introduce and discuss the latest results of international research in order to encourage development of regional scientific cooperation and to call the attention of decision-makers to form a consensus in the restraint of epidemy. The meeting provides a forum for the coordination of the different areas of actions as well.
The Congress is held in memoriam Professor László Halmy DMSc, founder and former President of the Hungarian Society for the Study of Obesity whose biography ranged from basic research to clinical management of obesity.
- Animal models in obesity research
02. Energy balance, hunger and satiety
03. Genes, environment, epigenetics of obesity
04. Food chain safety
05. Eating disorders
06. Ageing and obesity
07. Childhood obesity
08. Prevention of obesity
09. Prevalence of obesity and co-morbidities
10. Recent instrumental diagnosis of obesity
11. Clinical treatment in obesity related morbidities
12. Nutrition, hydration, exercise therapy in obesity
13. Sweeteners supported obesity management
14. Exercise is medicine
15. Psychological aspects, behavioural therapy of obesity
16. Novel trends in pharmacotherapy
17. Metabolic and bariatric surgery
18. Endoluminal treatment for obesity
19. Weight loss induced plastic surgery
20. Personal, social and economic costs of obesity
21. Obesity research, education and management within Central Europe
Call for Abstracts:
The Scientific Committee invites all participants to submit high-quality abstracts in English through the performatted website abstract submission page not later than 31 May, 2015.
|Abstract submission||31 May 2015|
|Acceptance of abstracts||19 June 2015|
|Early bird registration||30 June 2015|
|Paying and cancelling hotel rooms||7 August 2015|
|Cancelling registration||5 September 2015|
|Satnadard registration||15 September 2015|
|Advance registration||28 September 2015|
For more information and registration please visit the congress website.
ASSZISZTENCIA Congress Bureau
Szent István krt. 7.
H-1055 Budapest, Hungary
Phone: +36 1 350-1854
Fax: +36 1 350-0929
Rögzítés ideje: 2015-03-18